Thank Goodness for the Red Dot Boutique

I love the way that Let's Play Music teaches the dotted quarter followed by an 8th note rhythm. This week was the week when we pulled out our bullseye and arrow feather to learn what our new Indian Rhythm looked like.

Me: So what do we shoot with our arrows and pull our bows at?
Class: (blank stares)
Student: Ummmm, a deer?
Me:(I quickly change the subject as I am holding up my little target) Anyone know what this is called?
Class: (blank stares)
Me: It is called a target.
Student: Oh yeah, it looks just like that store, except it isn't red!
Me: Exactly!---Anyone know what the center of the target is called?
Class: (blank stares)
Me: It is called a bullseye
Class: (blank stares)

One out of two ain't bad. Now if only I can get Target to change their name to Target with a Bullseye in the Middle.